Saturday 6 June 2009

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!


This is the card I made to the Stamp TV sketch challenge. I thought it could be my first Christmas Card. It's quite a different sketch from Melissa one of the new In The Spotlight Designers. A long slim card, which I like for a change.
1. Red craft card for the base of the card and background squares.
2. Ivory Linen for the other elements.
3. Scalloped circle cut using a Spellbinders die. Stamped with SU Very Merry. 3 small gold brads added and the scallop's pierced.
4. The long narrow horizontal strip was pierced on both sides and had the bow made up of gold gift ribbon and red ric rac knotted together.
5. The Stamped image is Gina K's Wreath of Wishes. Stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink then clear embossed before being coloured with copics. This was cut into inch squares and mounted onto red craft card which I pierced in opposite corners before attaching to the Ivory strip.
Sorry this is a very rushed post today, I've been out to lunch with 'Le Girls'. These are the girls who come and share a craft evening at my house once a fortnight. Because of illness and one thing and another we haven't had craft night for a couple of months so this was the first time we've been all together for a while - can you imagine the catching up we had to do - six of us all trying to talk at once. The sun was out, cool but nice and the restaurant was on the edge of a lake so a perfect setting. I took the camera meaning to take a picture to post then forgot all about it - how silly, never mind another time.
This will be my last post as we are off to NZ very early Monday - Home on the 17th (Walshie's B'Day)
Till then.........

2 comments:

NinaB said...

Wow, already? You're so good :-). I love that you clipped the wreath - very creative. I'm glad you got to have some time with your crafty friends and have a good holiday!

Bev said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the delish colours and fabulous detail x