Sunday 28 June 2009

It's your Day............






I had such a busy day yesterday - card making!!! I wanted to take part in the Gina K June release challenges 3 of them. Then there was this card - I started this one on Friday evening . For the first time I'm entering one card for two challenges (actually this week I'll be doing that with two of my cards).
So the challenges were to do some stitching - Gina used a mini Janome on her card, mine was done on my singing and dancing Husqvarna!! The second challenge was a colour challenge so here it is.

  • Stamp: Gina K, Eclectic Summer
  • Card: Gina's Pure Luxury Ivory, SU - Baja Breeze, Basic Grey - petticoat and ladybug. pale pink and black craft card.

I zig zagged around the card once the Dp was attached to the black mat. Punched both sides of the pale pink card using the SU lace punch. Then lay a thin strip of baja breeze down over the centre of the pale pink and zig zagged either side of this.
I stamped the image and then coloured it with Copic markers. Used Spellbinders to cut both the scalloped and plain circle, then the small oval for the sentiment. Both the scalloped pieces were pierced. The image was popped up with foam tape.
The inside of the card is decorated by cutting out the scalloped oval, stamping the sentiment and attaching the fabric flowers which were coloured with Copics.

I really enjoyed making this little card, for the first time since our holiday I felt good when a card was finished!

Tomorrow I'll show you one of the 3 Challenge cards, till then...........


1 comment:

Kathy Jones said...

This is FABULOUS Sue!!! Love your colour and paper selection, beautifully coloured image and the inside is just as beautiful!!!