Thursday 2 July 2009

MOJO MONDAY 93


Good Morning,
Finally sat down to Mojo Monday - hope you like "mojo reach for the stars".
  • Card: Gina K Pure Luxury - pure white, DP Basic Grey Cupcake, forest green and pale lemon craft card
  • Stamp: SU Animal Crackers.
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers
  • Embellishments: pale lemon fine satin ribbon and three small gold brads.
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped square, plain and scalloped ovals.
  • Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder.
My image is stamped (masking off the sentiment which was stamped separately) and clear embossed then coloured with Copics.
Base card measures 10 x 4.5 inches, scored and folded for a 5 x 4.5 inch finished card.
I've used forest green as the mat then layered the DP cupcake.
I used my new square Nestability scalloped die to cut another forest green mat. Then ran a piece of pale lemon through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss dots embossing folder. Fine pale lemon ribbon was wrapped around these squares and tied in a bow before attaching the stamped image with some more of the green card behind opposite corners.
The sentiment, which on this stamp usually sits down the length of the giraffe's neck was stamped onto more of the pure white card then cut with an oval Nestie. This was then added to a scalloped forest green oval before attaching it to the card front with foam tape.
To complete the card I added 3 small gold brads before the card was assembled.

I'm off to shorten a pair of trousers for Walshie! can someone please tell me why they make mens trousers so long and womens on the short side - it drives me mad!!!

Till next time....

9 comments:

Juls said...

gorgous card, he is such a cute character! Love the embossed dotty background! Fab!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Fantastic card, just about to put mine on after you and thought I would take a look. Its a nice sketch isn't it??
Anyway, love that little Giraffe.
Thanks for some inspiration.

Bev said...

Fab card hun, love the layout and the image is so sweet! Great details too x

Kerrie said...

Very cute card, colours are great.

JenMarie said...

Adorable card!
And, congrats on centerstage! I'm on to this month! :)

Dawn said...

Congrats on Centerstage!!

Kym Weber said...

Really cute card, Sue! Love the colors and the layout! Congratulations to you for being July's StampTV Center Stage Spotlight!! How awesome and exciting!!

craftieodmae said...

Good morning..........or night in your case LOL. Congratulations again on getting Spot Light Cent Stage from Stamp TV. I'm proud and excited for you!

NinaB said...

Hi, Sue. Congrats on being on Center Stage at GKD! I wasn't surprised at all when I saw your name. I actually thought of you while going down the list at StampTV. I love your work!