Friday 28 August 2009

Thinking of you.. SASSC29


Hello,

Today's card is for the sketch challenge over at Stamps and Smiles. I've used Melanie's Inspiration Mosaic again as the base of my card. I love the way you can play with this mosaic it's so original.

  • Stamps: GKD Inspiration Mosaic and GKD Signs of Autumn.
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Markers.
  • Card: GKD PL Heavyweight in PW plus PL Layering Weight in PW. DP is Basic Grey Romani Caravan and DCWV Nannas Nursery.
  • Embellishments: 3 clear dew drops and 4 buttons.
Both the mosaic grid and the sentiment from the same set were stamped onto Basic Grey Caravan card. I added the green polka dot over two of the shaped blocks.
The sunflower image was stamped onto GKD PL layering weight PW card and coloured with Copics. This was then matted onto a small piece of card and attached to the front of the mosaic with foam tape to pop it up.
I tied some string through the buttons and attached them to the four corners with glue dots.
The 3 dew drops were positioned in another of the shaped blocks to finish off.
The mosaic was then attached to the card base with more foam tape.

I was pleased with this one after spending ages going through my button jar looking for 4 matching buttons. I was glad I did it this way. All the buttons are different I just stuck to orange and green!!

I hope you all have a good weekend - it's release time over at Stamp TV later this morning (my time) so might see some of you over there.

Till next time.............


8 comments:

Robyn said...

It's gorgeous Sue! Wow you are really getting value out of that mosaic stamp! Its so versatile isn't it? Hope you have a good weekend too!

Andrea said...

Beautiful card Sue, and I love the flowers, they are simply beautiful!

Mandalika said...

Love that mosaic stamp, it is so versatile. This card is just beautiful.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful sweetie! The buttons are the perfect final touch for such a happy and lovely card!
Hugs Jeanette

Selma said...

This is beautiful Sue. I love the color combination. It is so pretty on the mosaic.

Anne said...

Very pretty, cheerful card

Diana said...

So pretty! Love your coloring. Great sketch.

Anonymous said...

sue, how cool that color block in black.

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps and Smiles! Remember that this week's sketch is up!

-- dalis