Wednesday 19 August 2009

Two more challenge cards....

Hi,
just trying to catch up a little so two posts today.
This little card was made for the Colour Challenge over at Stamp TV, which was green, black and white.

I wanted to use the sentiment from Melanie's set Inspiration Mosaic which I like a lot. So my paper choice was quite easy I needed green and wanted stars and luckily had this (no name sorry) paper in my stash. I decided to use Donna's folded layout again as I think it too looks a bit like a star (if you squint and look at the white areas!!!!!). This time after folding I didn't glue the edges down, which actually looks better I think, less formal.
The sentiment was stamped in white chalk ink onto basic black Bazzill and attached to the middle of the folded block.
I've used black Bazzill to matt this folded square to then added the ribbon with the metal slide at the left side. Once this was done the black was attached to my pure white card base.
A very simple card but quite eye catching I think!



The second card was made for a KaiserCraft sketch challenge. Apart from the sketch you have to use 80% KaiserCraft product. Now that's not hard for me, I love their 12 x 12 double sided card stock and one of the latest is The Duchess Collection which I've used a couple of times with stamps. So this card features the collection for the dp as well as the the sentiment block which are all rub ons. Just look at the shadow under the script - I love it and the lace strip too.
The brown is from their Cafe Culture collection. I've used adhesive pearls in chocolate from the Kaiserscrapbook range to finish off.
The cream linen card is from my stash as is the ribbon, a SU punch was used to punch the lace at the bottom and a corner punch from EK Success was used on the sentiment piece.
That's it I'm up to date now just need to get one more card made!!

Till next time.....


5 comments:

Robyn said...

Love the Kaisercraft one Sue! Very elegant and soothing. Shame I don't have any of their product or I would have joined in too!

Kerrie said...

Both your card are so gorgeous!

Juls said...

gorgeous cards. Love the sentiment on the 2nd one, beautiful!

Bev said...

Oh my! These are fab Sue - I just adore the 2nd one, so classy! x

Kym Weber said...

Gorgeous cards! Your first card's layout is spectacular. And the second is amazing with the dp.