Monday 25 January 2010

Magical Monday - 'Think Love'


Hello Blogger's

Welcome to the the last TMITA/PCC challenge for January. Nina's image this week is this gorgeous giraffe with love on his mind....... I think it's a love of the yummy chocolate contained in this little treat purse!
The very talented Kim set the challenge this week and she's challenged us to use the image on a box, bag or holder. I've used this heart template before here, it's super easy to create and makes the perfect little thank you gift filled with chocolate or lollies. Here is the link for the pattern if you want to try one.



Once the image was sized and printed I've coloured him using my Copic markers then cut him out.
I print the template for the purse directly onto the card I'm using and this is SU, which runs through my printer very well.
The Pumpkin card is from GKD and using a Spellbinder heart die I cut it out and dry embossed it.
A layer of Swiss dots embossed green card came next.
I've used my pine punch and some scrap dark green card to sit beneath the image .
A narrow strip of card was punched on both sides to create the handle and this is secured to the purse on either side with two heart brads.

Have you popped over to Nina's blog to snag this image and play along? The randomly picked challenge winner will receive a free Nina May image. I hope you join in I'd love to see what you make for Kim's challenge. Click on the image below to see all Nina's beautiful images.


February's images are just lovely....... shhh don't let on I told you this.....but you should spread the word.
It's my turn for the first challenge so hope you're going to be around to play along.

Till next time............





16 comments:

craftieodmae said...

WOW! This is amazing. I love it! Gorgoeus holder

Kerrie said...

Oh my goodness, he is really cute ... can't wait to play with him...

Kathy Jones said...

Sue this is absolutely Gorgeous!!!! What a fabulous treat box and your giraffe is so darling!!!!

Nilla said...

What a beautiful basket! Love the heart shape and I guess all about it! Hugs Nilla

The Other Patti Sue said...

So,so cute! Love the heart purse.... I am going to have to make a few for grandkids! LOL!

Patti J said...

OMG Sue - this is gorgeous! Love the heart shape, and the colors just make me so happy!!!! Love it!

Selma said...

Sue this is such a cute heart purse. It looks like the giraffe is anxious to try one of those treats! I will have to check out that template.

Nina said...

Sue, what a wonderful little purse/basket and how perfect to hold a few special treats!! I love the brown with this sage green, just beautiful! Your pucnhed handle is so lovely as well. Great details with that and the swiss dots folder.

Theresa's Studio said...

How cute!!!

Curt in Indy said...

Sue, as always, you did a remarkable job with the challenge this week. This is a really cute image made even more cute with your special touch. Love the little heart purse. What a cute idea! Best, Curt

Bev said...

Oh this is just fab sweetie, love easy so going to have a bash at this one. Hope you are well, sorry I've been MIA again, got another couple of new releases that I am tryong to get ready for. x

Betty Benton said...

Love your heart container! I have one to post in a few minutes but I used ribbon for the handle -- may have to change it out for a paper handle like yours -- it seems to stay put better than the ribbon!

Jessica G. said...

Sweet image and such a perfect gift box for Valentines or any time you want to show a little heart!

Danielle said...

Beautiful purse holder Sue - I love it! The punched handle is fab and your colouring of the giraffe is perfect! Mmm, those choccies look delicious too!!
Hugs, Danielle

Jose said...

How cute is that, a lovely gift

Kim Mc said...

Well, isn't he just ADORABLE!!! Love that heart purse...absolutely perfect for Valentine's Day! Also love the dark leaves under him, grounds him nicely! thanks for the inspiration!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!