Wednesday 6 January 2010

Ooh..... 50 years of Wedded Bliss!!!!

Hello Blogging friends...... how are you today? Thank you all for the lovely comments and good wishes from my last post. I love reading your comments, even the anonymous ones!

I've two cards to show you today, both are cards that I was asked to make and by coincidence they are both to celebrate Golden Weddings. 50 years, that's quite something these days and well worth celebrating.


My first card features the large gold organza bow and although sadly the camera doesn't pick it up, this dp has a beautiful gold shimmer, (edited note: you can in the last picture... yeah!) as does the gold Christina Rae paper I've used, IRL it's much more dominant than the grey you see. You'll have to take my word for that though, unless you shop in Spotlight and have seen this pretty paper by Grace Taylor for Grant Archival! (Ugh!)

Gold embossed sentiment popped up on foam with Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls in Latte to add the extra bling.

The inside of this card has a gold embossed heart which I've attached with fine foam tape.
(oops sorry I got in the way with this shot and the sun was shining today)

Recipe:
Card: GKD PL h/w - Ivory, American Craft - Vanilla, Christina Rae- gold, designer paper Grace Taylor for Grant Archival.
Stamp: Elegant Post by Nina Brackett for GKD. Polka Dot Punches SU.
Ink: Versamark with American Crafts Zing gold.
Embellishments: Gold Organza from my sewing box and Kaisercraft Pearls.
EK Success Single Diamond Punch. Spellbinder scalloped oval die.



For the second card I've layered gold shimmer onto some pearlized card which is then attached to more gold shimmer onto my base card. I've used some pale cream roses with a spray of gold balls, which I've just looped to sit about the heart image from SU. This image was gold embossed onto PL ivory and cut out before attaching with foam tabs.
The Sentiment is the same as the last card only this one is attached directly onto the card over some fine gold organza ribbon. Again the Latte pearls have been used to finish the front of the card.
The inside has some of the Grace Taylor dp layered over gold shimmer card and the bottom edge of both was punched with the single diamond punch. I've added the Ivory scalloped oval for a written message.

Recipe:
Cards: Base Card - American Craft Card - Vanilla, Christina Rae - gold shimmer, Pearlized ? (sorry), GKD PL h/w Ivork for the sentiment and inside oval. DP - Grace Taylor for Grant Archival.
Stamps: Polka Dot Punches SU, Elegant Post by Nina Brackett for GKD.
Ink: VersaMark with American Craft Zing gold embossing powder.
Embellishments: Fine Gold organza ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls, Flowers and Gold ball spray from Spotlight Stores .
EK Success single diamond punch. Spellbinders scalloped oval die.


Because of the embellishments on both these cards I've made boxes for them, both the same, using 290weight card. I've covered the top only with a layer of Kimberly Poloson dp called Blooming Love Floral stripe. Using some American Crafts Vanilla and a Spellbinders die I cut a tag for the top which I embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder to finish off.
I took the photo of the box indoors under my 'DayLight' lamp and thought I'd put the card inside the box with the lid off, just in case the light picked up the gold glimmer I was telling you about. So glad I did....... see you can just see it....... you might have to click on this last image.
Well this was a long post for me, hope you like these cards. I've played around with the photo editing..... what do you think? Not sure I've got it quite right but I'll play some more.
Didn't get to show you my simple calender today but it's all ready to go so next time.
Until then thanks for popping by ..............

10 comments:

NinaB said...

These are so elegant, Sue. I love the gold embossing you did. Great job on your photo editing, too.

craftieodmae said...

Oh my stars! sue this is breath taking. I mean way beyond gorgeous! So elegant.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Wow! These are so elegant! Simply beautiful! I love the boxes too!

Kerrie said...

Very elegant.... love the layout of your cards, and the DP is great.

Betty Benton said...

Sue, these cards are LOVELY!! Very elegant, very special for days that are very important to two different couples! Your talent is really shining in these cards!!

Curt in Indy said...

They both are stunning! The people who asked you to do these are going to be so delighted! To heck with Hallmark, they can't hold a candle to these. So very beautiful! Best, Curt

Juls said...

wow these are just gorgeous! So elegant! Hugs Juls

Kathy Jones said...

Two stunning cards Sue!!! Amazing that you are creating two 50th Anniversary cards - what a wonderful milestone for them! I'm sure they will both really appreciate these beautiful keepsakes!

Nina said...

OH MY SUE! STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! I agree with Curt about hallmark not holding a candle to these! and what a great idea with the box!! A special box for such a special card!! Someone is certaily going to cherish these works of art and labor of love!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh wowsers Sue, these are amazing. And what a special keepsake, box and all. Not many people crack the 50 years together these days so times like that call for cards like these!

:) Marcia